Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My One Word for 2018 is ...

2017 was a year of ups, downs, and all-arounds. My days were filled with love, laughter, tears, and friendship. It wasn't a perfect year, but what year is and who really wants the unattainable perfect anyway? Fun, growth, and learning comes from imperfect moments and from our imperfect selves and I'm cool with that. 

In 2017, my one word was PATIENCE, a word I will continue to carry with me as I enter 2018. I kick off this new year with hope, positivity, gratitude, and my new one word: E•N•C•O•U•R•A•G•E.

In 2018, I will strive to ...

Encourage my students to strike a balance between always grinding it out to get to the next level and living in the moment while being their best selves. 

Encourage my son to continue to grow and to stay uniquely and unapologetically himself. 

Encourage my family and friends to go after their dreams and embrace the good in their lives. 

Encourage more listening and curiosity because there is so much we can learn from each other. 

Encourage positivity. 

Encourage love

Encourage truth. 

Encourage authenticity. 

Encourage passion. 

Be encouraged about the future and all the possibilities it holds. 

Encourage also contains the word courage and so I want to embrace that part of the word too. In 2018, may I have the ...

Courage to take risks

Courage to embrace new experiences and opportunities

Courage to create. 

Courage to be vulnerable. 

Courage to push myself to be better than I was yesterday. 

Courage to speak up for what's right. 

Courage to stand up for what I believe in and for others. 

Courage to say yes. 

Courage to get back up after knock downs, setbacks, and disappointments. 

Courage to do things that scare (not terrify) me and grow from those experiences. 

Courage to be unapologetically me. 

Happy 2018! Let's live it courageously!

No comments:

Post a Comment