So today we laze about, consider our goals for the year, and get ready to act on them tomorrow. Like everyone else, I have some goals in all the big categories - family/relationships, health, financial, professional development, personal development, and, of course, my yearly book goal (42 books in 2019). However, my inspiration to write this post is not about sharing my resolutions or presenting big, lofty goals. This is more of me keeping it real and speaking it into my new year. Bring on the 365 stories and opportunities that will fill the pages of my book.
So what do I want in 2019?
- To keep exploring and stay curious
- Embrace big and small adventures
- Learn from the difficult
- Try some new things
- Fail (okay, truth be told I don't really want to fail or have things not go my way, but I can accept that it will happen more than once this year and there is growth in that)
- Know when to ask for help
- Love up on my family
- Be there for my students
- Make time for what's important
- Remember that silence is not always golden and we must speak up when it matters
- Spread the positive
- Be at peace with being an imperfect parent who's trying and leading with love.
- Never lose sight of who I am
- Strive to improve and grow every day
- Don't let anyone limit or define me
- Know that I am enough